Wednesday, October 28, 2009

choi, choi, choi!

In the midst of my house arrest of 2 weeks due to my pregnancy, our 5th wedding anniversary is just around the corner. It's tomorrow actually. Boydee and I decide to celebrate a day in advance to avoid the Friday traffic.

I've been building up my appetite by going through one food blog to another and chanced upon this blog and I've dreamed of Choi over and over again.

I was salivating for baked lobster in cheese on noodles and I missed my favorite pigeon. I even wrote down what this blog had recommended. So, on this Thursday noon, Boydee and I, and our boys - Bric and our adopted kuya Ranger, with their yayas, went to Choi Garden.

I left my camera in the car so no pictures yet again but do check out the blog above. She has great pictures of the food in Choi.

So we ordered: honey pork asado, wintermelon soup with dried scallops and crabmeat, rich man's fried rice, one whole hong kong pigeon (which I ate all by myself!!!), the lobster with noodles, siomai, siao long pao, scrambled eggs and crab, and radish cake. We finished it all!

The lobster though wasn't as good as I expected. I am still looking for the buttery sauce we tasted in HK but the pigeon was a delight. It made the meal worth it! I was in pure heaven!!! Ranger finished 1 whole order of siomai. I never realized he was a fan of chinese cuisine til today!

On our way back, I asked our two boys if they wanted to go back to Choi Garden and both said a hearty yes!!! But all of us were too full to think of when we want to go back. As of now, the flavor of the pigeon is still fresh in my palate and my tummy is still feeling all the food. Ahhh...

Happy 5 years my Love! Thanks for being part of making my reality even so much better than my dreams! I love you forever! :)

No comments: