Thursday, April 12, 2007

Triple Treat

Last Tuesday, after I watched the concert of Hail Mary the Queen Children's Choir in the Trinity College Chapel, I went to meet up with Elizza and Zhar in Silk, a Thai restaurant in Serendra, in the Fort. Our respective partners were attending the GMM of Manila Jaycees. So that left us girls free for the night. Missing were Japa and Ate who that day gobbled up buckets of popcorn while watching three movies in La Vista in celebration of Raegan's (their sweet eldest daughter) 9th birthday, so had to pass.

I ate the left overs of Lai and Zhar. That meant 3 spoonfuls of Pad Thai, perhaps half a cup of minced chicken and, although there was perhaps worth a bowl and a half of Tom Yam soup, I just took in a sip and 2 shrimps of it because it was too spicy for me. It was quite a sampler. Based on what I've tasted, it deserves a second visit; and a more thorough one, meaning let's try more dishes please! Hehehe... Well, that's what I get for being late. Besides, I had already eaten spaghetti at home. Thanks Lai for my second dinner. :)

After Silk, we scouted for a dessert place in that area since their two boylets were about to join us. My Boydee had to stay a while longer in the GMM since he was seated at the presidential table and couldn't escape just yet. Sigh, the price of seniority! When Rondic and Rod had arrived, the girls proceeded to give and hug their respective loves, while I had to content myself with blowing kisses in the air and hugging an imaginary person. Anyway, we settled for Miss Dessert, this pink girly-girl looking dessert place still within the confines of Serendra specializing in cheesecakes.

We found ourselves a table for 5 in the air-conditioned area and ordered Earthquake, a gooey chocolate layered cake, according to the waiter, and Fantasia, choco cheesecake with toffee flavor and nuts. Both were good although not something I'd daydream about.

You can't just eat one bite of Sonja's Cupcakes

Not content with the dessert fare, Rod offered to buy us Sonja's Cupcakes next door. He got Berries something and Red Velvet Vixen. I loved the Red Vixen. Lai preferred the berries cupcake (name totally escapes me). I really wasn't expecting much since I thought they were pretty expensive for just a mere cupcake. But when I took a bite, I couldn't stop myself from getting another... and another... until I finished the red vixen. You can feel its sweetness in your mouth and your nose. Yup, it smelled good and it looked good!!! Now, I understood what all the fuss about Sonja's cupcakes was all about. I should schedule another exploration here!

My hubby had arrived when we attacked the cupcakes. He ordered the Macadamia cheesecake from Ms. Dessert. This one was better than the first two orders we placed. I cut a small piece and put it in my mouth. No need to bite; this one I can squish with my tongue and relish its rich, creamy macadamia flavor!

In between sips of chamomile tea, Zhar and Rod stepped out to greet a friend. When they came back, she brought this brown and orange paper cup - Xocolat, it says. It was bitter sweet cold chocolate balls. She took bites and bites of those balls. I tried half a ball. It wasn't great, but I am not really a fan of chocolate that's too strong and frozen. I have to say the packaging is attractive though!

Xocolat's Elixir gamely endorsed by Zhar and Lai

So there we were, three couples enjoying dessert from three different places. It was a calm, relaxing Tuesday evening of sweets and sweetness. Til the next food trip guys!!! Hopefully, next time, Ate Rona and Japa, Randy and Stella can join in the fun!

Ms. Dessert
Sonja's Cupcakes
Xocolat
All at Serendra
The Fort, Taguig, Metro Manila
Will research on their numbers

Total Bill: Don't know... didn't pay for it and forgot to take a peek at the bill
Head count: 3 couples so that makes 6

1 comment:

Premier Events Plus Group, Inc. said...

hi bangers!

checked out your blog as promised, nice! kaingit naman that you get to write long blogs. have to keep PEP's blog from being too personal. nangangati tuloy ang writer in me, he he.

anyway, will try the frozen chocolates.

in the meantime, check out premierevents.blogspot.com

joel